[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sat Apr 19 06:15:19 UTC 2014

On April 18, 2014 at 18:51 ca at cafonso.ca (Carlos A. Afonso) wrote:
 > Point being that this is what I think Barry Shein means when he writes
 > "...RIRs are contractual entities of ICANN...".

I already admitted that was a poor choice of word in another note.

HOWEVER, since RIRs get their number allocations from IANA and IANA
still operates under a contractual relationship between NTIA and ICANN
I won't go so far as to admit it was delusional.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada