[discuss] Finally tidying up ICANN's accountability

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:59:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM, John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2014, at 3:30 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1 on number and technical spaces. However i think Avri is more concerned
> about the organisation itself which is specifically related to the
> operation/administration of ICANN as a whole. Nevertheless, i think either
> of them should be sorted out/discussed as a separate topic. A question that
> comes to mind in all this is; why do we raise concern of ICANN at this
> time; what are the efforts that has been made to fix the administrative
> concerns in the past?
>

> Excellent question.

Fadi has just announced at the NetMundial[1] that a process to improve on
ICANN accountability will be launch next week. This is great and makes me
want to come back to this mail written earlier. I will hope that the
process will be well developed in an inclusive and transparent manner and i
suggest that there is adequate implementation phase for the final
accountability process. It really will help determine the practical
realities of the NTIA oversight transition process.

Kind Regards
1. http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=Net2

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*