[discuss] Updated Web site

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 01:23:47 UTC 2014

Dear Steering Committee, Adiel and others,

Many thanks for the progressive steps into creating diverse channels of
communication and discussion. Without a doubt, we are still in early stages
and there will be teething as evidence by the number of responses within
this thread. Firstly, I must congratulate the Admin on creating a
discussion board, fantastic initiative. Wikis and confluence would also be
helpful in taking discussions or ideas from the email list or discussion
board to developing submissions etc. It is also helpful to ensure that when
things get summarised that they include both the majority view and the
minority view. This is where the human resource tasked with synthesising
the document and it will mean hard work. Without a doubt, the capable
members of the steering committee who have generously volunteered their
time will be able to do that efficiently. It might help if they do this
weekly and post the summary weekly allowing others to build on it.

On the diplo platform there is a feature called hypertexting which allows
people to build on living documents and it is a really cool feature. If we
are also able to have something like this installed allowing for live
documents and people to comment on it in real time, provided they already
have log in features, it would be really awesome!

Thank you for this initial summary and for the progressive efforts. They
are appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sala