[discuss] Updated Web site

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 02:37:20 UTC 2014

P.S.  Did the "Steering Committee" approve this shift?

PP.'S.  Will more than a few members of the Steering Committee ever come
play with us?

There are a few challenges with creating mechanisms to encourage discussion
leading to productive output.. If we constantly have to ask the steering
committee to guide us as we innovate then we are in danger of giving them
too much party. I do not imagine the Inet to desire to be another
bureaucratic machine but rather a space for dialogue. The steering
committee should also have clearly defined roles and should guide. There
are two ways of looking at the initiative to come up with the changes and
they are:-

1)taking initiative and being innovative
2)dictatorial in telling the community

I am inclined to believe that the spirit behind the new forum discussion
board is (1) but without a doubt, the Steering committee and the
administrative staff will learn that things have to be communicated to
avoid misconception and we can also be generous in allowing room for people
to take initiative and ownership. I would assume that they are open to
receiving volunteers who can plan and discuss avenues to make comms easier.

Live and let live :)