[discuss] Clarifications on some recent Changes

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:55:22 UTC 2014

> Q6. What's with the new forum?
> A6. It has been clear for some time that the single mailing list is making
> it very difficult for people to follow or discuss specific topics. After
> numerous suggestions to break the list up into different lists, the
> Steering Committee agreed to do just that. So, we used an analysis of all
> the discussions that have taken place on the list so far to drawn up a
> number of different topic headings and have included them in the online
> forum to make it easier for people.

This is not true, with the forum you are limiting access for people that
don't have reliable or all time connectivity and access via a mobile device
is more difficult than getting email, or that do not wish to have to create
yet another account for an interactive service.

IMHO this is a pretty bad idea, and that it has been discussed on the SC
without participation from the rest of the community does not make it a
good idea.

You should learn to start acting in a more inclusive way. 1net from its
inception has been criticized for bad starts and one-sided moves, these
actions continue to reflect such attitude.

Best Regards
-Jorge