[discuss] Registration

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Feb 7 16:18:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 07-Feb-14 10:56, Roland Perry wrote:
> Are potential participants having to prove in advance that "they are
> worthy"?

That was not my impression.

First they are trying to gauge how many want to participate, and
possibly looking at the proportionate mix.

Then, if they need to start culling the herd, the have information on
why we want to attend and whether the prospective attendees intend to
contribute or just kibitz.

It also gives them the ability, by looking a diversity gaps, to know
where they need to do more outreach. I don't know if they are planning
that, but it would seem a reasonable thing to do.  At least to me.

avri