[discuss] list reboot

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Feb 9 00:12:50 UTC 2014

Michel,
I do not object at all to RFC 6852, I only object to its
incompleteness. A first step to address this could be a /1NET
"OpenStand" complementary RFC on a key issue for the Internet
Governance. There are 7500+ RFCs + IEEE + W3C + Unicode + ISO
documents. Ideally, they all want to have their parameters coherently
supported by the IANA in order to ensure interoperability. However,
this does not mean that they actually are fully coherent due to the
complexity reached by the Internet system (that is still going to
increase as you have shown).

What we would need as informed users (IUsers) is to be professionally
informed by an I*Book of reference. This looks like an enormous,
impossible task. However, to continue to understand, support, and
interoperate the I*technologies without such an authoritative
throrough compendium seems to also be another impossible challenge. I
think this should be a core concern of the IG that could be carried through:

- academic courses/MOOC on the I*technology; I*architecture, and
Digital architectonics as a starting framework everyone could review.
- supervision by the specialized areas of the SDOs, each being
responsible for the parts of its domain.
- adding in RFCs, and other equivalent documents, an I*Book section,
as there is a security and an IANA section, documenting the update to be made.
- in this I*Book:
   --- a BCP part could cover the organization and management of each SDO,
   --- a BCU part (best common use) could gather the technical
"living mode" experimented returns
   --- and an MSC (multi-stakeholders' consensuses) to document a
paradigmatic Tao of the Internet Governance.

jfc