[discuss] List announcement "robust governance in the digital age"

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Fri Feb 14 17:47:50 UTC 2014

Perhaps I'm naive (it's a guarded naivete) but wouldn't a better
starting point be something akin to a "Bill of Rights"? A short list
of inviolable assumptions?

The rest would be implementation which of course is critically
important also since without an effective implementation all you would
have is a piece of paper (or similar display device) with some
principles written down.

Without something like a bill of rights we can only assume we are each
working from the same assumptions and endlessly argue those
assumptions by proxy.

I realize it's difficult but perhaps that's why it's urgent.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada