[discuss] Possible approaches to solving "problem no. 1"

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Feb 17 20:40:33 UTC 2014

On Feb 17, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:

> At 16:25 17/02/2014, John Curran wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2014, at 8:20 PM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:
>> > I understand that the USG position is that the root is an US property.
>>
>> Michel -
>> Could you provide a reference please from which you base this position?
>
> The issue is complex. And important.

Indeed, the issue of the root zone is complex and important.

However, the issue of the _USG position on the root being property_ is actually
much simpler - As aptly noted by Phil Corwin, there is no position of record;
perhaps we should discuss the many known issues rather than creating discussion
over positions which haven't been taken?

/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.