[discuss] Possible approaches to solving "problem no. 1"

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Feb 18 09:57:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I believe the AOC review mechanisms are the ICANN accountability
mechanism.  I am still waiting to see in practice whether the current
ICANN regime takes it more seriously, in practice - not just in words,
than the previous regime.

While California Law may make the Board supreme at ICANN, in actuality
it isn't, it is the Review Teams that are, and any failure of the Board
and the Corporation to response appropriately is the sign of ICANN not
being accountable.  For now, I still think it may possibly be living up
to its accountability structure, but I am not a very trusting sort when
it comes to corporations, so am waiting to see what is done with the
ATRT2 report.

avri

AOC - Affirmation of Commitments
http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/aoc/affirmation-of-commitments-30sep09-en.htm