[discuss] discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67

Don Blumenthal dblumenthal at pir.org
Wed Feb 19 00:24:06 UTC 2014

Assuming that ICE refers to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement,
domain-related court orders that it has obtained from judges generally
contain redirects at the name server level. Neither they nor any other LE
that I¹m aware of ³uses the root² in enforcement actions. Even the well
renowned US SOPA legislation that went nowhere wouldn¹t have provided that
authority. I¹m happy to provide more details based on my experience in US
Internet LE and the private side.

If I¹m wrong about what ICE means, ignore this message.

Don