[discuss] DNS resolution (was: discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67)

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Fri Feb 21 06:29:18 UTC 2014

Hi Barry,
At 11:14 20-02-2014, Barry Shein wrote:
>David is correct.
>
>Many hosts work this way, many, many do not.
>
>Try the same experiment with www.complaint.com (69.38.144.108).
>
>It's even more complicated than that (e.g., references embedded within
>the page.)

Yes.

There have been complaints on this mailing list about some
discussions being too technical.  I will skip the technical details.

The issue was whether a web site which was subject to domain name
seizure can still be accessed by the user.  My conclusion was yes.  I
took into consideration the publicly available information [1] about
the impact of these domain seizures to reach that conclusion.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. I doubt that anyone from the .SE ccTLD would disagree