[discuss] Domain name (was: discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67)

Don Blumenthal dblumenthal at pir.org
Fri Feb 21 22:25:53 UTC 2014

A caution that we should be careful to terms when discussing these issues.
Relevant technical, legal, and political issues will vary.

A domain name "seizure" involves a court order that transfers ownership of
the domain. All services under the domain are affected insofar as someone
tries to use them via the DNS. A ³takedown² or ³block² involves denial of
access to given content sources.  Other services still may be available
via the domain name.

Don