[discuss] VGNIC-speak (was: rootservers)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 25 05:10:18 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
>For someone who is not interested in the "way servers [etc.]
>call themselves," you are throwing around a lot of terms and
>acronyms most (if not all) of which seem to be used only within
>a narrow group and are not used (or no longer used) or
>understood by many (and in some cases most) on this list, such as (but not limited to):

We are all guilty of that.

I'll see your VGNIC Catenet and raise you a GNSO CCWG (part of the IG ecosystem, or as Mike Roberts would put it, "IG governance").

But Philip Hallam Baker said it best in a recent post: "Use SSL with RSA2048+ and AES128/SHA256 to secure SUBMIT, IMAP and POP" Yeah! Right on, bro!

You let that pass and went after the Francophones?

How about bill's sig, "Neca eos omnes, Deus suos agnoscet"?  Those are not acronyms...
How's your Latin?