[discuss] ICANN reform - ARTICLE 19 contribution

Gabrielle Guillemin gabrielle at article19.org
Tue Feb 25 12:14:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This is ARTICLE 19, an international free speech of organisation with longstanding experience in transparency work. We have recently started working on Internet Governance issues and more specifically ICANN reform.

Below is our contribution to the Brazil meeting and a more detailed policy document on ICANN reform.

*         Netmundial submission available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Nk9HL6toh9ak9GV8zsmyDT2F1pDgzZmYAhX60jugCM/edit

*         Longer version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DlpeMEikyi1wkF46NP9HjwC8EGFv1Sr1cJayUlZWAfg/edit

The intention is for these documents to contribute to the debate about ICANN reform, which we expect to take place beyond the Brazil meeting. As experts on ICANN issues, your feedback would be much appreciated. In the meantime, if you're interested in signing on to the netmundial submission, please let me know by 28 February 3.00 pm GMT. We are planning to post the netmundial submission on 1 March.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Gabrielle Guillemin
Legal Officer