[discuss] Conference: ICANN and Global Internet Governance: The Road to Sao Paulo, and Beyond, Singapore 21 March 2014

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:54:49 UTC 2014

I am often very confused by the terms that are used in some contributions to this list.  As a result, I skip those contributions because they don’t add to my understanding of anything.  Creating new words is counterproductive.  If we don’t have a common language, then there is little hope for mutual understanding.

I’ve been involved with Internet and networking, rather intensively, for more than 25 years, and I am not familiar with this term or others used.  If they are meant to clarify a discussion and move it forward, they are clearly failing to meet that goal.  There is no value added in using terms whose meanings are not commonly understood and agreed upon.

George