[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

Elisabeth Blanconil info at vgnic.org
Thu Feb 27 14:55:48 UTC 2014

At 09:05 27/02/2014, Shatan, Gregory S. wrote:
> [...]

Please review you Californian code. ICANN is a no member corporation
(i.e. main morte). This is why Joe Sims chose it and documented it
(Santiago meeting if I am right).

http://archive.icann.org/en/comments-mail/comment-bylaws/msg00025.html
http://osaka.law.miami.edu/~amf/individuals.htm

What is interesting is that Joe Sims who designed ICANN for Jon
Postel wites: "in that real world,  ICANN's mission is extremely
limited:  to maintain the stability of the DNS. Or, to put it more
simply, to not screw it up.  This is the prime objective, the
overriding core task, the critical job.  Everything else is
secondary, or even lower than that, in importance and priority, and
that includes anything that can remotely be described as governance".

Actually ICANN cooperates and sells DNS stability of the "IN"
ICANN/NTIA class (see ICANN Affirmation of Commitment). VGNICS is
about the common support of all those who cooperate to the whole DNS
stability.

Hebe