[discuss] Conference: ICANN and Global Internet Governance: The Road to Sao Paulo, and Beyond, Singapore 21 March 2014

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Feb 27 16:20:45 UTC 2014

On Feb 27, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Elisabeth Blanconil <info at vgnic.org> wrote:

> No punishment but kind concern about the problem you reported with our "VGNIC-speak".

Hebe -

  I will admit to similar issues with regarding the abundance of VGNIC
  terminology when it comes to postings on the 1net discuss list.  I do
  realize that some of the "new" terminology refers to existing Internet
  concepts (only more generalized) but believe in the end that it may be
  inhibiting ability of folks to understand the specific recommendations
  that the IUCG are making when it comes to ICANN, IANA functions, etc.

  It might significantly improve understanding of those on the 1net discuss
  list if the IUCG community could use existing ICANN and Internet governance
  terminology for its input on the list.  If this isn't possible, feel free
  to disregard, but presently the lack of specific suggestions using common
  vernacular may be inhibiting actual communication of ideas.

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.