[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

Don Blumenthal dblumenthal at pir.org
Thu Feb 27 20:20:49 UTC 2014

Really? Five paragraphs of diatribe that fundamentally have nothing to do
with what I wrote, which only was a suggestion that we avoid legal jargon
if possible. That was the issue in my post. I said nothing about the
substance of what you had written.

But as long as we’re at it: Yes, here. Corporation law is not global. It’s
not even national in some countries. You chose to raise points that
related to ICANN’s legal structure, which is a matter of California law.
You chose to use a legal term in that context that has no meaning “here,”
meaning the US, California, or even Michigan where I am. You confused the
discussion in the process, particularly since there is a similar term that
does mean something “here.” As an aside, I have had many occasions to work
with legal systems in other occasions. In each case, I used legal terms
that mean something “there.”

Don