[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Thu Feb 27 21:59:16 UTC 2014

Hi Alejandro,
At 12:11 26-02-2014, Alejandro Pisanty wrote:
>although the situationn in this respect seems to be improving
>constantly, there have been instances in which the proposals aren't
>as clear as they seem if you are the party to take action on them,
>the community support may be less than unequivocal, or combinations
>of both. And as said, this is not unique to ICANN. Also not unique,
>demands for transparency and accountability in the process being asymmetrical.

I am one of the co-authors of the Global Policy for Post Exhaustion
IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA (
http://www.icann.org/en/resources/policy/global-addressing/allocation-ipv4-post-exhaustion
).  There has been public discussion of the proposal in all five RIR
Communities.  It is not clear in the above why transparency of the
process is a concern.

The above mentions "instances in which the proposals aren't as clear
as they seem".  Which proposals were not clear and caused problems?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy