[discuss] Funding for developing economies as an Ig policy issue? was Re:[ ] Time to be ...

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Thu Jan 2 22:19:30 UTC 2014

Dear Steve,

Is this really decent to talk of $100MM for the management of a small
Excell table?
Just because a lawyer and a few politcians managed a monopolistic
scarcity instead of an open global competition?
There are billions of people around the world who are identified by
their name and forename. Without paying a tax to a costly ASCII
non-profit for that. What is the ICANN proposition to change that?
Free life domain names for every non-commercial person? Non-profit
gTLD? ICANN ICP-3 multi-root competition?

MG