[discuss] ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"

Demi Getschko trieste at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:58:06 UTC 2014

>And because, even if benignly, the government responsible for the NSA’s
massive invasions of privacy and breaches of sovereignty enjoys a unique
unilateral relationship with ICANN in terms of its unique role as regards
root >zone authorisation.
>Ian Peter

Ok, but besides the fact that it is the very same government, I do not see
any other relationship between the NSA invasions and ICANN (or, even,
Internet resources themselves). It was, basically, a traditional
infrastructure breach, with the probable collaboration of some business
sectors at the higher levels, leveraged by the huge computer power
available today, the (traditional) geographic concentration of the undersea
fiber, plus illegal telephonic monitoring...
demi