[discuss] Where to discuss privacy issues 1Net? [ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"]

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:08:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hello Sm,
>
> On 2014-01-07, at 04:45 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+1net at elandsys.com> wrote:
> > From what I read, representatives from Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte
> d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria,
> Senegal, Sierra Leone, and from ITU, ICANN, AFRINIC, Google, UNIFORUM ZACR,
> Microsoft, ISOC Afrique, DIPLO Foundation, and FOSSFA have recommended that
> countries adopt the convention.  There is an article at
> http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2013/11/african-convention-cybercrimes-silence-free-speech-onlinewith content which may be similar to the ones you posted previously.
>
> Where did you get the information that AFRINIC has recomended that
> countries adopt the convention. AFRINIC has never made such statement and
> has never been consulted on the content of such convention.
>
> I had also put this question to SM (in a private message) and he
referenced the WAIGF 2013 Communiqué [1]. Putting on my FOSSFA hat (as an
executive and council member), i can say this is news to me and i am
currently making inquiries within the FOSSFA fora to understand the reasons
behind this.

http://www.waigf.org/publications/article/waigf-communique-2013

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng