[discuss] ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:22:27 UTC 2014

And there is also international coordination of public policy (not just
through treaty negotiation and signing but also bi-/multilateral agreements
such as the US trade agreement and other such tools as ITU Recommendations
which many countries may translate into national legislation/public
policies. I guess the same may apply to World Health Organization
particularly when there is an epidemic outbreak or something of that
magnitude.)

Although national authority (government) remains the single most decisive
point of control for enacting public policy, the outcome of such
international coordination is in most (or at least in a substantial number
of) countries the de facto public policy, as enactment or ratification is
just a matter of formality.

Mawaki Chango, PhD
Founder and Principal, DIGILEXIS
http://www.digilexis.com