[discuss] Fwd: [1net-Steercom] kick-off and Introduction

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Wed Jan 8 10:09:48 UTC 2014

+++!

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben

From: Jorge Amodio
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:51 AM
To: Marilyn Cade
Cc: discuss at 1net.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] Fwd: [1net-Steercom] kick-off and Introduction

On Jan 7, 2014, at 2:44 PM, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com> wrote:

  Dear Adiel

  Thanks so much for this update.

  I am of course, not speaking for business, as there are five business participants, but I am asking a few general questions.

  Process:
  Can I confirm that the group's Mailing LIst will be archived and available for reading for all interested parties?

It is already being archived and publicly accessible.  Thanks for a good start towards good transparency.

Just two brief comments.

Not only on that list but on this one too, people have the habit to reply to the last message including all the previous messages which makes the contents of the list longer with useless redundant information, and harder for making searches.

Another habit is to include very long signature blocks (logo images attached in some cases) and useless legal disclaimers on every single message.

I believe that many, particularly those who check these lists on mobile devices will strongly appreciate if we can reduce the amount of useless bytes transferred by the lists, or at least do some work to negotiate data plans group rates ;-)

Thanks and Regards
Jorge