[discuss] [governance] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Jan 9 14:22:03 UTC 2014

Michel,
thank you for now being an "epiphenomena"! :-) However, I understand
what you mean.

FYI, I plan to hold a BarCamp on the "missing layer open industry"
during the RMLL (Rencontres Mondiales des Logiciels Libres) this
July. We will by then have seen the results of the Sao Paulo
discussion between OECD and BRICS/77. You will be welcome (as
everyone who could not attend Sao Paulo). IMHO the real issue will be
quite the same in both cases: by proxy or not, among concerted
operatives (network, voluntaries and militaries) rather than
competing interests (merchants, admins and politics).

The topic is the economic national and global vulnerability to
digital threads (crime and activisits) and R&D leaps that could
create deterrence capacities. The Sao Paulo meeting will be between
ISOC and BRICS; the France BarCamp will probably be between Free
Research and Open Use.

This is why I prefer refering:
* to the "presentation layer": every expert and professionnal
perfectly identifies a determinant lack of the current use of the
IETF technology and a key issue for EDI/RFID naming, security and industry.
* rather than to "intellition" that is an entire R&D industrial
sector in semiotics developments, for Google, DARPA, etc. Because
this definitly is out of the IETF end to end reach.

I will let you more about the BarCamp in the coming days. I never
organized this kind of meeting. Very exciting. If some want to join
in the /1NET "BarCamp committee"?
jfc