[discuss] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Jan 9 15:58:38 UTC 2014

In message <1F017002-F9DD-46C6-B63A-F5E86D97E1BA at istaff.org>, at
06:59:52 on Thu, 9 Jan 2014, John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org> writes
>>> Even now, the role that "1net" decides to take with respect to the Brazil meeting remains in the hands of the 1net coordinating committee,
>>>not with Fadi, myself,  or any of the other I* leaders
>>
>> I was under the impression that "1net" had decided to accept the task of being a channel for nominations of participants in some of the
>>"Brazil meeting" committees.
>
>Adiel (as acting coordinator) easily might have done so, but that doesn't
>preclude the 1net coordinating committee from deciding otherwise during
>its consideration of the matter.

When is that committee meeting first, and will the forwarding of
nominations be complete by then?

Genuine question.

One of the issues besetting this whole process is the difficulty of
finding a transparent workflow timetable. Which then leads to people
confusingly conflating the roles and responsibilities of "1net/Adiel"
with those of LOC [etc].
--
Roland Perry