[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Jan 11 12:13:09 UTC 2014

In message <9E656A7C-3DF3-4730-943F-D7D2B0BD216D at hosteuropegroup.com>,
at 10:11:11 on Sat, 11 Jan 2014, Oliver Hope <oh at hosteuropegroup.com>
writes
>So how do you become one of the 3 nominations?
>
>I'm sure a lot of Registrars would like to see some representation by
>them in the Business Community.

Just in case we are at cross purposes, do you mean the 3 nominations for
places on the H-LMC which is organising the Brazil meeting?

As it now appears to be re-confirmed that nominations are to be made
through the 1net process, you'd have to send your nomination through to
Adiel (as acting coordinator @1net).

But as I hinted at earlier in the week, doing that from a standing start
with so little time to go, and quite possibly indpendently of the
ICC-BASIS selection process, would be difficult.

Peter Hellmonds summarised the situation as he saw it (regarding the
role of ICC-BASIS in being the prime [but as far as we know
non-exclusive] filter for nominations to be sent to Adiel) in his email
of 23 December 2013 02:57:06

Which should be read in conjunction with Joe Alhadeff's response of 23
December 2013 11:03:01

Disclaimer: I'm just trying to understand the process too, and I have no
views on who the process should include, or nominate.

http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-December/000154.html
http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-December/000164.html

--
Roland Perry