[discuss] "We have 18 months to find new governance for a single Internet, says ICANN"

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Jan 11 18:03:33 UTC 2014

At 18:00 11/01/2014, William Drake wrote:
>Hi
><http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01/10/icanns-fadi-chehade-says-we-have-18-months-to-find-new-governance-for-a-single-internet-or-else/?angle=silicon>http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01/10/icanns-fadi-chehade-says-we-have-18-months-to-find-new-governance-for-a-single-internet-or-else/?angle=silicon

This reminds me De Gaulle's slogan: "me or chaos" :-) !

The internet IS global. From its inception.
What we need is it to becomes multi-global.

"Globality" seems to be a new American language concept (that Fadi
actually probably rightly fears as it seems from Wikipedia to imply a
global war, every "fragment" against everyone). So, I fully
understand that "multiglobality" does not make much sense for an
American language speaker.

However, since some American scientists are venturing in
"multiverses", may be virtual multiglobality may be visualized by
some who will know how to explain their fellow citizens why it is not
possible to address the digital world complexity with a single ICANN.

Too bad bytes do not obey politicians, sales and ICANN blahblah!

Anyway, listening to Fadi, I understand that the real decision maker,
after Rod, is Edward.
I suppose that some will agree that this at least is to be fixed.

jfc

PS. For ICANN information: http://oasis.net is for sales.