[discuss] SPAM (was Re: Another couple of items)

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Jan 14 16:18:39 UTC 2014

In message <F184435A-C154-46DC-A3A7-2BB4FF9BA0C6 at ccianet.org>, at
16:51:42 on Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton at ccianet.org>
writes
>There are better venues than /1Net to discuss spam - the places where
>the work is being done that has helped create the positive work you
>note below.

I'm sure there are, but no better place to raise the issue just at the
moment, as it's one of the most significant frictions between users and
the provider community.

I'm constantly being asked by ordinary users whether or not "something
will be done" about one of the major menaces affecting their Internet
experience, or whether (to use a well worn phrase) we are still in the
"Wild West" period of its development.

Of course there is work being done, very good work. But changes in
governance procedures could give those people much better tools to work
with.
--
Roland Perry