[discuss] Interesting article

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jan 14 20:16:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 08:01:53PM +0100, Vladimir Radunovic wrote:
> in. Practically, (at least) these 43 servers will have a different root zone
> file from the changed one; thus all that access it/them will still have the
> removed country on their Internet map.

I'd be remiss not to note, however, that in the presence of DNSSEC
that possibility lives only as long as the RRSIGs are valid in the
root zone.  It used to be possible for the different servers to drift
some distance from one another for a long time.  If people are
validating, however, that is no longer true for very long.

It would certainly provoke a crisis either with or without DNSSEC,
however, so I don't think that's going to make a big difference.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com