[discuss] 1Net, Brazil and other RE: BR meeting site launched

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:28:36 UTC 2014

This is what the 1net.org main page says ...

"Safeguarding the Internet's Public Trust

On 7 October 2013 the leaders of organizations responsible for coordination
of the Internet technical infrastructure globally met in Montevideo,
Uruguay, to consider current issues affecting the future of the Internet.

They issued the following
statement<http://www.iab.org/documents/correspondence-reports-documents/2013-2/montevideo-statement-on-the-future-of-internet-cooperation/>
.

Following the Montevideo Statement, the community met at the 2013 IGF in
Bali to further discuss community wide efforts towards achieving these
objectives and engaging with the broad community, including civil society,
business, technical community, governments, and academia.

As part of the multistakeholder approach, /1net is hosting an open, global
online discussion about Internet governance. Contribute to the conversation
by joining the mailing list of the movement."

Besides the obvious separate box about the meeting in Brazil, there is NO
reference in the text above to the Brazil meeting and the original idea of
starting 1net was to create an open dialog, and as far as I remember for
the initial emails exchanges with John Curran the Brazil meeting was part
of the dialog.

Regards

Jorge