[discuss] 1Net, Brazil and other RE: BR meeting site launched

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 18:39:57 UTC 2014

I really find it strange that people are agreeing that 1Net was mainly
about Brazil event; if it is, why then did 1Net setup SC....just for Br
event?
In all the meetings where I participated and where 1Net was talked about,
it was explained as a platform that seek to be more inclusive on IG
discussions. As a matter of fact, I had directly asked the question during
Afrinic 19 and the response I got indicated that Brazil event and 1Net were
two different thing.
I for one did not join the list because of the br event, I only saw br
event as one of the IG event that 1Net should participate in as an IG
platform (movement).
I have noting against ICANN supporting 1Net with her resources, but ICANN
as a stakeholder should not decide for the multi-stakeholder 1Net(they can
however influence 1Net's decision, as long as the decision 1Net's call).
Otherwise it will be a return to status-quo.

Cheers!
sent from Google nexus 4