[discuss] 1Net, Brazil and other RE: BR meeting site launched

Suzanne Woolf suzworldwide at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 20:45:33 UTC 2014

On Jan 15, 2014, at 1:59 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 15-Jan-14 13:39, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>> I really find it strange that people are agreeing that 1Net was mainly
>> about Brazil event; if it is, why then did 1Net setup SC....just for Br
>> event?
>

> What I am saying and perhaps others are saying is that yes there are other things /1net can do, and maybe should do, and we need to discuss that.  And for example, its role as place where the vastly differing POVs can come together in harmonious discussion, is another function that will obviously continue.

Amen, with the additional observation that these are not mutually exclusive. The initial promise (hope?) of /1net for some of us was about a place where the different stakeholders could interact productively. The Brazil meeting doesn't have to be the whole reason for the existence of /1net to be a good place to start, although one could wish for a little more time to experiment with such ways of interacting in order to produce the inputs needed for the Brazil meeting.

Suzanne