[discuss] Options for root zone (was Re: Interesting article)

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jan 16 09:30:56 UTC 2014

Brian wrote

> If I could have three wishes, the first
two would be unconditional cancellation of the NTIA
contract and relocation of ICANN's seat to Geneva.

Yep, I'll take the first two as well and for my third wish I'll have another
3 wishes to use up later as we progress.

Here is a good paper outlining some possibilities for achieving guaranteed
independence for the root zone. well worth reading and discussing as a way
forward

http://www.diplomacy.edu/blog/international-inviolability-root-zone

Ian Peter