[discuss] Options for root zone (was Re: Interesting article)

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jan 17 04:16:00 UTC 2014

On Thursday 16 January 2014 03:52 PM, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> Under the current architecture and state of affairs tell me at least one instance in the 30+ years of existence of the DNS where the USG has used or threaten to use it's alleged "control" of the root zone.

One doesnt leave ones house unlocked, even re checking a few times, just
because there has not been a proven case of attempted burglary on the
house in the last 30+ years....Frankly, I find this highly over-used
argument of 'US has never done it' rather facile and hollow, apart from
being very disrespectful of other countries.

parminder