[discuss] Should the 1net discussion be split into two (or more) lists?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Jan 19 16:09:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am amenable to splitting the lists, I will just combine them in the
same folder, just one more filtering rule.

I don't think it will achieve anything, other then the addition of
arguments about whether something is 'on or off topic' to our list of
less than productive conversational threads.  And it is not like we have
enforcement conditipons and enforcement on this list*.

Now I guess it word as a filtering decive for those who abhor the icky
part of the multistakeholder churn, leaving it to the devotees and to
those who feel one has to maintain some degree of awareness about all of
the public threads.  But in that case, there are other ways to filter.

But as I said I have no objection, just think it wold be
counter-productive.  But I can live with that.

avri

* a side thought that occurred while writing that:  if we ever start to
talk about list etiquette (oh and what a discussions that would be - we
have already seen shades of Foucault) would we have it on one list or on
both?