[discuss] NETMUNDIAL - Members of HLM and EMC

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Tue Jan 21 16:38:22 UTC 2014

This annoucement starts telling a lot about Fadi Chehade's strategy.
It will be interesting to see who are the still missing 11 countries
and 4 co-chairs in order to understand better Dilma Rousseff's own focus.

I suppose that the "I*coalition" members will applaud or, for the
most aware, politely stay silent. The choice seems well done in order
to address the kind of issues as we considered them in 2000. On the
ICANN side at least one does not expect to improve new things, but to
make somethings approved.

It seems that "technical" is not taken in the same sense as Brian
Carpenter, Andrew Sullivan and IUsers do. As if the Snowden episode
had not made the Congress and IG status-quo leaders understand yet
that the problem is not that the NSA did its work well, but that the
technology permitted them to do it so easily.

I suppose JFC Morfin will not wait now for Sao Paulo to confirm his
incitation and plans toward an open code network entire review and
practical extension for and by lead users and FLOSS. One do not see
how could otherwise be:
- supported what Sao Paulo may positively discuss (or introduced
toward the IoT area)
- and opposed the daily dangers it will not suppress or possibly increase.

MG