[discuss] CIGI and Chatham House launch Global Commission on Internet Governance - FYI

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:03:15 UTC 2014

Congratulations! My only caveat is in the use of the "global" yet there are
no representatives from the Pacific.

Oceania has 27 countries and territories that have ccTLDs assigned by IANA.
Of the 27 ccTLDs, only 15 are members of the ccNSO at 56%. 13 of these 27
countries and territories have attended GAC meetings and are recorded
members bring participation to 48%. 11 of the ccTLDs are members of the
APTLD at 41%.

Two of the ccTLD operators make the top ten ccTLDs by volume of TLDs as per
Verisign's 3rd Quarter Report. And not that it is linked to Internet
Governance but just so people know, that the Pacific contributes to two
thirds of the world's tuna stock. :):):)

Best Regards,
Sala