[discuss] Continuation of problem no. 1 specification, and what could be next steps

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sat Jan 25 12:34:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 01:05:51AM -0600, Jorge Amodio wrote:

> access" in the sense that access to fiber routes ( in particular for
> international connections ) and peering arrangements are not today a
> level playing field.

Citations of cases, please.  I don't believe either of those claims is
true, except in the obvious sense that peering is voluntary and some
carriers are unwilling to peer with others if there's not a fair
trade.  (If the proposal is that more-connected carriers have to
subsidize development of infrastructure in less-connected regions in
order to increase fairness, I want to know why that is something the
carriers have to do.  That sounds like international aid to me.)

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com