[discuss] Real world Impact of multiple roots

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Jan 27 11:20:27 UTC 2014

Do you speak French? We ran a community testing along ICANN ICP-3
with several roots in parallel. I could find back some of the reports
we made to public institutions.

The world today is mostly running under the class IN top zone. That
zone is partly documented by the root file. As Vint Cerf said, the
internet root is the one which is the most being used. Difficult to
know which one it is. May be the GSMA (the mobile operator
association?), or the Chinese one. IMHO in case of real difficulty
the last resort to make the internet continue working is Public DNS
by Google, i.e. under the supervision of Vint Cerf.

Names have nothing to do with routing in the transport area. Names
becomes of importance to Layer Six Presentation, the Internet missing
layer. The most important development to be expected in that area
will most probably be discussed in the Sao Paulo corridors, this is
the ONS (Object Name Services) which is the main focus of several key
organizers and a BRICS demand.

Other type of naming you should investigate: http://www.ccnx.org. The
digital world is amanable to Leibnitz's principle of identity of
indiscernibles.

The internet is only a small part of the communication systems of the
digisphere. It is a global (americain language sense) proof of
concept and test-bed. This is why it is important to defined the
"internet" which is subject to the discussed IG and extend the
consideration to the digisphere governance issues.
(The digisphere being understood as the vision of the universe as a
discontinuous [subject to digitalisation] phenomenon, including the
whole digital ecosystem, including the internet transport and
uncompleted presentation services).

jfc