[discuss] Real world Impact of multiple roots

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jan 28 04:11:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 04:12:30PM +1300, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> True, but that is at the level of information and human interaction.

For my part, I'd say one more thing: to the extent things are dropping
off the Internet and into the walled gardens of Facebook or Google+ or
whatever, it's a retrograde step towards the old
CompuServe/GEnie/America Online model.  Open systems for communication
don't guarantee an open system overall.

Nevertheless, the answer to a fragmented user experience is surely not
"add more fragmentation".

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com