[discuss] Real world Impact of multiple roots

Ben fuller ben at fuller.na
Tue Jan 28 18:31:13 UTC 2014

All,

The info and debates about root zones can go on, but let me focus again on what this will mean to the end user. After reading a lot and listening to all of you I still can't shake the feeling that businesses and Internet users will suffer if we move away from the Internet we currently have which is stable and useful. From what I have learned two roots would have to work almost as one to reach similar levels of stability and utility. Then there are the scenarios where multiple roots do not work together effectively or not at all. This is where societies, economies, people will have problems.
Given that one possible outcome of the Internet Governance negotiations is the splitting of the Internet, we need to weigh the impacts of all possible outcomes. To do that we have to have a handle on how different outcomes of Brazil and other meetings will affect the economic and social life across the planet. It is another way of making informed decisions.

Ben

On Jan 28, 2014, at 7:30 PM, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> Milton,

Dr. Ben Fuller
+264-61-224470  (O)    +264-88-63-68-05 (F)
ben at fuller.na             http://www.fuller.na
skype: drbenfuller