[discuss] Principles for the Brazil meeting to consider

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Wed Jan 29 09:36:54 UTC 2014

Dear all,

On two of the CS lists there's a discussion of how to go about compiling the principles for the Sao Paulo meeting.

May I suggest that we not reinvent the wheel? Carolina Rossini and colleagues have already reviewed many of the extant principles and done an excellent analysis of their common elements and differences.

This seems a good place to start from rather than a blank sheet of paper. Carolina, perhaps you might remind everyone of your great work and where it may be found?

If my proposal is acceptable (or if some other way of working is decided upon) we should add to the mix the 5 principles several Internet companies proposed in December, available here: http://reformgovernmentsurveillance.com/

Regards, Nick

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Geneva Representative
Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA)
Tel: +41 (22) 534 99 45
Fax: : +41 (22) 594-85-44
Mobile: +41 79 595 5468
USA Tel: +1 (202) 640-5430
email/IM (Jabber/GTalk): nashton at ccianet.org
PGP: AB8CE773
Fingerprint: 4B53 1B20 0CA0 5C83 2555 187C 0895 CEE9 AB8C E773
Skype: nashtonhart

http://www.ccianet.org

Need to schedule a meeting or call with me? Feel free to pick a time and date convenient for you at http://meetme.so/nashton