[discuss] IGF -- the right space for discussions about IG

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 05:36:48 UTC 2014

IGF is still a valid forum to discuss and work on issues related to
Internet Governance, it provides a more structured organization and has a
more digestible institutional umbrella.

Brazil seized the opportunity for an international meeting triggered by
recent events to try to sell once again the same rotten fish they have been
trying to sell for more than 10 years.

Unfortunately Fadi -as the uber MSM protection agent- had a cold when the
ICANN Board dispatched him as a secret agent, and didn't smell the fish and
signed the check to support the meeting.

Given the extremely short time for preparation it will be interesting to
see what comes out of the meeting besides a long string of empty statements.

Cheers
Jorge