[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

FSP4NET alliance at fsp4.net
Fri Jun 13 17:26:51 UTC 2014

At 11:26 13/06/2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:23 AM, willi uebelherr
><<mailto:willi.uebelherr at gmail.com>willi.uebelherr at gmail.com> wrote:
>What is NTIA? jean-françois (JFC) spoke about.
>Responding to Michel S. Gauthier and making reference to JFC....interesting!

??

It seems that you have not understood yet what we mean by "jokey".
So, I will explain you better. It is a lead writer mail agent
software copy on a directory shared by the members of a community
working group. So anyone can freely contribute to the mails drafts
and send them as they see fit.

The origin of the name is that we initially niknamed that kind of use
as "smurf village". We got several smurf villages on a compuserve
list and the "Jokey Smurf" people were the best.  So "information
Jokey" was used rather than "information smurf" when we created the
Telepresse concept ("smurf" is  a protected name and at that time TM
were leading ICANN). We have considered making it a social network
program with added features. At the begining we used the same
computer, so theyr were class and office teams. Then a common
repository. We never transposed to Google, but many google boxes work that way.

Jokeys shown to be a good example of working VGNs. Another example
are BoDs. Or, more prestigious Bourbaki.

The problem with me is that I am not good at "jokey smurfing" since I
often introduce new concepts other jokeymates do not share yet and
tend to correct. But after internal debate/tuning they may accept
some which are better worked out. This is the way we discovered
jokeys usually result in very distinct digital "polypersona" who ever
contributed.

jfc
spoke person for fsp4net.