[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Fri Jun 20 04:08:56 UTC 2014

We agree. But...a contract with whom? Who is the counter-party?

And, more difficult, what are the default and breach terms and who, in
case of default or breach, does the contract potentially go to for
performance?

As I said earlier this was a problem with NTIA as the counter-party,
they were mostly shooting with blanks. Except inasmuch as the whole
weight of the US govt is generally dangerous to bluff. But that won't
be the case in this new regimen. Or at least not as currently
conceived (i.e., the US completely out of it and no other govt
involved either.)