[discuss] Some more legal tangles for ICANN

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Sat Jun 28 11:46:31 UTC 2014

If you see something patronizing in my comments I am afraid that is what
you are looking for. It seems you are also looking for a reason why this
situation endorses the view you want to have of it. You are free to believe
what you like of course, but in this situation you are simply seeing what
you want rather than what is there: the point of law you mention simply is
not a point of law for the reasons previously noted by me and others here.
You thinking it is one dies not make it so.

There is and are legitimate questions regarding nexus of law and ICANN. To
conflate this with it is a defocus from those issues which deserve
discussion the their actual merits.