[discuss] Some more legal tangles for ICANN

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Mon Jun 30 12:35:51 UTC 2014

To Nick's point, the court in the US can take judicial notice of public
facts as well that are not presented to them, the issue is that a judge
must be aware of what he or she does not know...

This is where one hopes that counsel have equipped themselves well in
filings and arguments.  All too often technical cases are not presented
in a way that is comprehended by those not part of the system.

I would like to add again, there is a difference between concerns of the
state/country of incorporation and the choice of law related to
decisions.  They need not be the same.  I have not heard any issues
brought up related to CA's not-for-profit law...

Joe