[discuss] Thoughts welcome on proposed Netmundial submission

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Mar 3 15:56:08 UTC 2014

At 00:13 03/03/2014, joseph alhadeff wrote:
>While open markets and level competitive playing fields are some of
>the boilerplate terms business often requests, do these competing
>system solutions lead to the possibility of confusion or
>fragmentation that could impact stability or operational
>functionality of the existing operational and  governance mechanisms?

This is what experimentation is to determine.

The whole story is simple.
1. Competition is something you can only prevent by monopoly. You
have two form of monopoly: state (law)  and radical (politically
correct). Currently the US law and the ICANN politically correct are
enforced and contested (currently three accepted VGNICs: ICANN, China, ORSN).
2. Someone has to endorse the decision to deregulate. But no one
wants to be accused of the possible mess. So they look for a
scapegoat. I*coalition agreed that the scapegoat would be "economy"
(RFC 6852). ICANN proposed them to make BRICS, i.e. the US oponents
in Dubai, the scapegoat through Sao Paulo.

The VGN concept, supported by the http://vgnics.net proposition of
experimental enhanced cooperation, respects the IETF Tao, the
currently enforced ICANN policy (ICP-3) and the resolutions of the
WSIS, in introducing an experimentation. We will see if a polycratic
MS solution emerge (we mutually inform one another and each one
decides for him/her/itself). If it does we have the solution. If it
does not we will know that MS (we discuss but not apply for 10 years)
is not the good solution. In any case it is a side contribution that
does not interfer with any other discussion. However, other solutions
could benefit from its experience and result and should take its
experimental project into account.

jfc